Over 800 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them
Instagram is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to support the company’s communications efforts in Germany. The successful candidate will be an excellent writer with strong experience in developing and executing high-profile, creative, national communications campaigns, managing press relations and handling corporate issues. Highly motivated and versatile, this person should have a deep understanding of the German media, social and digital communications landscape, be hands-on and capable of managing proactive and reactive communications from strategy to execution.
The candidate will predominantly focus on delivering communications around our business platform and small business efforts, but will be expected to support across issues and consumer communications as required.
As Instagram scales its business in the region this person will be a key member of a small, high-impact team. This is a full-time position based in our Hamburg office. Applications must be submitted in English.
- Drive positive coverage across media channels and social platforms that reaches influencers important to Instagram in Germany
- Develop and execute creative communications strategies and initiatives to support Instagram’s operations in Germany, with a focus on small business and advertising communications intended to reach a broad audience of consumers, small businesses, advertisers, policy makers, broader industry
- Organise press briefings, media sessions, and events
- Prepare briefing materials and brief executive spokespeople
- Educate users, small businesses, advertisers, press and influencers about Instagram products and initiatives
- Respond to and route incoming media requests from German media
- Manage agency support within Germany
- Work and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company, many of whom are in London and California
- Build cross-functional relationships between departments
- Minimum bachelors degree (post-graduate or professional degrees preferred) or equivalent
- Significant professional experience
- Experience working on the ground in Germany necessary (additional experience in the EMEA region a plus)
- Experience working with corporate, tech, lifestyle and business/marketing media and influencers and developing social campaigns to achieve communications goals
- Excellent communications skills in both German and English (other languages a plus) Strong project management and decision-making skills
- Experience in managing PR agencies and contractors
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Deep knowledge of concepts and technologies for online advertising, search marketing and social networking
- Self-starter who is able to hit the ground running and take charge of the position
- Deep understanding and passion for Instagram and Facebook is essential
Instagram fördert als Arbeitgeber die Chancengleichheit und ergreift entsprechende Maßnahmen. Wir diskriminieren niemanden aufgrund von Rasse, Religion, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Geschlecht (einschl. Schwangerschaften, Geburten o.ä. ), sexueller Orientierung und Identität, Transgender-Status, sexueller Stereotypen, Alter, Status als geschützter Veteran (Protected Veteran), Behinderung oder jeglichen anderen gesetzlich geschützten Eigenschaften. Vorbestrafte Bewerber, die über geeignete Qualifikationen verfügen, werden gemäß den geltenden Gesetzen auf staatlicher, bundesstaatlicher und lokaler Ebene berücksichtigt.
veröffentlicht: vor 10 Tagen