Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them
Instagram is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to join our growing team in Germany. The successful candidate will have experience in developing and delivering campaigns that reach multiple audiences, with specific experience engaging young people and parents. They will have strong media, blogger and influencer contacts and experience developing and delivering multi-channel communications campaigns to drive brand love and achieve measurable real results.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Instagram and is excited about the impact social media is having on German society. They will have extensive knowledge of local youth trends and the influencer and creative landscape. They will have experience developing reputation driving campaigns and managing issues. They will also experience in briefing and preparing spokespeople and managing high-profile issues.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, be creative, flexible, happy to work in fast-paced demanding environment. They will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a number of teams, across Europe and between Germany and the US, and manage an agency partner.
This role requires excellent communication and writing skills both in English and German.
This is a full-time position based in Hamburg, reporting to Instagram's Director of Communications in EMEA.
- Drive positive coverage across media and social platforms that reaches audiences important to Instagram
- Develop and execute creative communications strategies and initiatives to support Instagram’s operations in Germany
- Organise press briefings, media sessions, and events. Prepare briefing materials and brief executive spokespeople
- Educate the public, press and influencers about Instagram products and initiatives
- Respond to and route incoming media requests from media across Germany
- Help manage agency support within Germany
- Work closely with the rest of the Instagram Communications team in Germany, EMEA and the US on the consumer and business side
- Work and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company, many of whom are in Hamburg, London and California, particularly with partnerships, marketing, policy, product and sales
- Conceptualize and execute creative consumer PR campaigns with media and other partners
- Protect and enhance awareness of Instagram and its products in mainstream consumer media outlets.
- Minimum bachelors degree or equivalent and the ability to apply relevant knowledge from this field to communications
- 8+ years professional experience in communications or public relations Experience working on the ground in Germany necessary (additional experience in the DACH, Benelux and CEE regions, a plus)
- Have strong existing media, blogger and influencer relationships in Germany
- Experience working with consumer, corporate, tech, lifestyle and business/marketing media and influencers and developing social campaigns to achieve communications goals
- Strong project management and decision-making skills
- Excellent communications and decision-making skills along with strong project management skills
- Experience in managing PR agencies and contractors and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Deep understanding and passion for Instagram and Facebook is essential
- Excellent oral and written communications skills both in English and German, other European languages a plus.
Instagram gewährleistet als Arbeitgeber die Chancengleichheit und ergreift entsprechende Maßnahmen. Wir diskriminieren niemanden aufgrund von ethnischer Zugehörigkeit, Religion, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Geschlecht (einschl. Schwangerschaften, Geburten o.ä.), sexueller Orientierung und Identität, Transgender-Status, sexuellen Stereotypen, Alter, Status als geschützter Veteran (Protected Veteran), Behinderung oder jeglichen anderen gesetzlich geschützten Eigenschaften. Vorbestrafte Bewerber, die über geeignete Qualifikationen verfügen, werden gemäß den geltenden Gesetzen auf staatlicher, bundesstaatlicher und lokaler Ebene berücksichtigt.
Im Rahmen des Bewerbungsverfahrens achten wir auf die angemessene Unterbringung von Kandidaten mit Behinderungen. Solltest du aufgrund einer Behinderung Hilfe oder eine geeignete Unterkunft benötigen, wende dich bitte an uns unter firstname.lastname@example.org.
läuft aus am