Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Corporate Communications Director (m/f)
Job ID 1702335Date posted09/15/2017Location Berlin, Land Berlin, Germany;
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Corporate Communications Director in our Berlin office.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our more than 230-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Operating across 32 countries, our Europe and Canada region is diverse, dynamic and at the forefront of supporting our mission of delivering better health for patients through leading innovations in gastroenterology, central nervous system, oncology, and vaccines.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
This is an executive position reporting directly to the General Manager and indirectly to the Head of Corporate Communications, Europe and Canada.
Maintain permanent contacts with all function-related departments, senior management on local level and the colleagues in the European HQ’s.
Key contact person in strategic and tactical communication matters between the company and third parties like service providers (i.e. PR-agencies, etc.). Meaningful contacts to journalists, media, professional networks, associations und further multipliers are essential.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of internal and external communication strategy at a corporate level and in support of priority products as required by the business
- Drive the acceptance of priority products and mitigate risk by nurturing strong relationships with key stakeholders including media, professional groups, payers/commissioning bodies, patient groups, clinicians, academia/research bodies, and internal stakeholders e.g. brand leaders and employees and, in some instances, politicians and government officials
- Maintain a favorable reputation of the company with news media, shareholders, customers, partners, employees (existing and potential), the general public and the local community by proactive communication and issues management / crisis planning
- Support the General Manager and senior leadership team with considered counsel on reputation-related matters and leading issues preparations and response
- Manage and coach a minimum team of Communications professionals, setting their professional development objectives and guiding their achievement of them
- Ensure the value of corporate communications is effectively measured and influence its perception internally with a view to expanding the communication function, aligned with the needs of the business
- Support all facets of the business to maintain the integrity of the corporate brand and ensuring all usage of the brand (whether external or internal) complies with company guidelines
- Serve as the country liaison with Europe and Canada Corporate Communications to ensure local strategy aligns with regional objectives and to leverage regional resources for the benefit of the local business
- Ensure all communications materials comply with the client’s operating procedures, the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) Codes of Practice and the VFA.
The successful candidate will have relevant academic qualifications (e.g. under-graduate or post-graduate degree in communication management, public relations, journalism, economics, health economics, bio-medical sciences or similar), and significant experience (minimum of 5 -10 years) in a pharmaceutical communications environment. Experience working in a public affairs / regulatory function will be viewed favourably, as will demonstrated success in driving corporate awareness and implementing creative product and therapy area programming to meet brand objectives.
The candidate should also demonstrate a commitment to best practice and the application of leading edge communication strategies. To this end, an understanding of the opportunities presented by digital and social media platforms will be an advantage.
The role also requires a thorough grounding of the complexities and issues relating to operating in the global pharmaceutical industry.
For this role, the candidate should demonstrate strong strategic, analytical and planning skills, as well as a creative and effective approach to problem solving.
The candidate should also have a proven history of ‘managing other managers’ and be able to provide evidence of senior manager level leadership and strong people management skills.
Highly developed written and oral communications skills are essential, as is the ability to influence and persuade at the highest senior levels internally and in a highly competitive - and potentially hostile - external environment.
No need to mention that managerial talents are a must:
- team builder
- sense of responsibility
- impact & influence
- self confidence
- analytical thinking
- achievement motivation
- organisational awareness
- negotiation and persuasive skills
Other required attributes
Business fluent German and English; any other major language would be an asset.
- Experience in public speaking (mandatory)
- Experience managing an in-house or agency communications team
- Established and proven stakeholder networking capabilities (mandatory)
- Local media/journalists contacts (preferable)
Empowering Our People to Shine
At Takeda, you will receive support from your team, be inspired by leaders, and have ownership over your career and life. We empower our people to take charge of their potential. We offer programs to teach the future leaders of our company and industry, and training and development programs tailored to help you build valuable skills and succeed in your career.
As you discover your potential, your professional and personal future will become brighter every day. We aim to be a “best-in-class” employer and offer employment conditions (incl. company car, premium free pension scheme and incentive system) that meet with this ambition.
Our corporate philosophy, Takeda-ism, has been developed over our 230-year history. This enduring set of core value guides all our activities. We pledge to act with integrity – comprising Fairness, Honesty and Perseverance – in our day-to-day work. Along with our Vision and Values, Takeda-ism helps us create value and serve the needs of the environment, our communities, employees and patients all over the world.
veröffentlicht: vor 12 Tagen