Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty
Global Communications Officer (m/f/d) - 12 months contract
Allianz is the home for those who dare – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people – both its 88 million private and corporate customers and more than 140,000 employees – Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry. Our main ambition is to be our customers’ trusted partner, instilling them with the confidence to grow. If you dare, join us at Allianz Group.
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer. Everybody is welcome, regardless of other characteristics such as gender, age, origin, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is the Allianz Group's dedicated carrier for corporate and specialty insurance business. AGCS provides insurance and risk consultancy across the whole spectrum of specialty, alternative risk transfer and corporate business: Marine, Aviation (incl. Space), Energy, Engineering, Entertainment, Financial Lines (incl. D&O), Liability, Mid-Corporate and Property insurance (incl. International Insurance Programs).
Worldwide, AGCS operates in 30 countries with own units and in over 210 countries and territories through the Allianz Group network and partners. In 2016, it employed around 5,000 people and provided insurance solutions to more than three quarters of the 'Fortune Global 500' companies, writing a total of €7.6 billion gross premium worldwide.
AGCS SE is rated AA by Standard & Poor's and A+ by A.M. Best.
AGCS promotes an individual work-life balance for example the possibilit y of working part-time. Provided that the job with its respective basic conditions is suitable for this, all positions advertised on a full-time basis can also be filled on a part-time basis.
If you are currently exempted from statutory pension obligations under section 6 (1) sentence 1 no. 1 SGB VI, please take a look at the important and binding notes in the HR lexicon under: Money / Social Security / Annuity Insurance / Pension Insurance exemption.
More information about careers at Allianz Global Corporate Specialty can be found at http://www.agcs.allianz.com/careers.
This role is an Internal and Change Communications role with responsibility for global coordination of communications in the Organization & Business Transformation function of AGCS. It is part of the Global Communications team. The role focuses on global coordination and liaison for OBT/change projects and ongoing OBT activities, as well as active participation in a range of other communications-related tasks alongside the role’s primary responsibilities, including liaison with Communications teams in other AGCS locations on OBT topics. Although the role requires self-direction, it works closely with AGCS' Head of Internal Communications, as well as with other Communications colleagues, including IT Communications.
Evolving internal communications; change management support; driving employee dialogue and engagement with the evolving nature of OBT’s role; integrating communications activities across COO teams, and in alignment with global priorities.
Internal and project/change communications across Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty from a global perspective
- Direct responsibility for coordination, management, support and delivery of specific internal and project/change communications activities across AGCS, individually or in coordination with the Head of Internal Communications, OBT Change Managers and other team members (local and global). These include project and change communications, OBT-wide and program level communications strategy and implementation, support input into global and regional communication channels by local teams, OBT communication channels quarterly program update, intranet, pages, newsletter, team teleconferences), COO/Board communications around programs and change (Leadership & Change events including twice annual Leadership Briefing WebEx (Strategic Change Update).
Allianz SE/Allianz Group Entities
- Liaison with Allianz Group Communications and Allianz Managed Operational Services (AMOS) on general and project communication issues.
General Communications Activities
- Alongside the above responsibilities, the role will also support and contribute to Global Communications team activities, including scheduled activities and ad hoc projects, such as contributing to BluePrint magazine, input to BoardCasts, and general team projects.
Travel & Global Liaison
- Occasional travel will be required to AGCS offices in other locations (e.g. London-Munich).
- Regular liaison and close working relationships will be needed with AGCS Global Communications team in other locations.
- Strong communications track record with a practical focus on applied internal, project or change communications
- Services or B2B background preferred - experience on Insurance not essential, although in Allianz Group or CE communications environment would be strongly beneficial
- Experience of working internationally and of remotely global teams across numerous locations
- Experience in project focused teams, especially within agile methodology is valuable
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, communications or business
- Professional communications qualification highly desirable
- Knowledge of theoretical and operational principles and techniques of internal communications including in change and project environments
- Skills to include copywriting, information research and analysis, story telling, ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Strategic orientation and understanding of commercial business environment, to support communication of AGCS/Allianz strategy
- IT SKILLS: competence with MS Word and PowerPoint, and MS Excel. Use of online Content Management tools (intranet).
- Communication, presentation and relationship/stakeholder management skills, especially dealing with senior level stakeholders
- Ability to remain calm and measured in stressful scenarios, including crisis situations
- Inter-personal skills, including ability to understand others’ perspectives and agendas
- Planning and analys is skills for effective situation analysis and development of options for implementation
Reference Code AGCS-DE-3413/2018-E
läuft aus am