HEAD OF MEDIA RELATIONS
Zalando is transforming from Europe's leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion. From logistics, to big brands, to manufactures - we're building the platform that connects all people and parts of the fashion ecosystem.
The Head of Media Relations is responsible for the group media relations activities and ensures the media strategy is aligned with the communications and business strategy. You will be positioned next to the Vice President of Communications - the most senior spokesperson for the company.
- You have a strong network among journalists and media outlets and you will proactively build and maintain close contacts and relationships
- The role ensures that messages are placed correctly, that respective communicators and employees are aligned with the current messaging and that key executives are properly positioned
- Additionally, it is important for the Head of Media Relations to communicate the company's public awareness back into the organization to make sure the business can react properly to changes in the company's public perception (issues management)
- You have to interact cross-functionally with the respective counterparts in other communications functions to further an overall integrated communications approach
- You will lead a team of about 20 spokespeople and experts and reports directly to the VP Communications, and you will also has strong links to the individual management board members and senior management
- You will be also responsible for team leadership and enablement
- Skilled. You can impress us with your numerous years of professional experience in journalism and media relations. Ideally, you have gathered experience in a consumer/tech focused environment
- You are experienced in leading international teams
- Motivated. You remain calm even under enormous pressure and are capable of making decisions in high-risk situations while paying strict attention to detail
- You think fast, work proactively and always keep on top of things even in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Communicative. You have exceptional written and oral communication skills in German and English
- You keep all stakeholders up to date and focused on one goal with your incredible communication skills
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Culture. Culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, parties & events.
- Perks. Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks & fruits, hardware of your choice.
- Development. Extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at conferences.
- Work Environment. Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours.
WANT TO JOIN US?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your online application!
veröffentlicht: vor 8 Tagen