(Social-) Media Relations Manager
Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. It aims to maintain and develop a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society. Cefic is located in Brussels (Auderghem) and employs more than 150 people.
The media relations manager will be part of the communications team and reporting to the Director of Communications. He or she will be responsible for media and social media outreach to further position Cefic around Brussels.
- Lead Cefic’s media relations programme, including strategy, planning and implementation.
- Ensure press activities align with overall communication efforts.
- Work with experts to ensure messaging can be understood by journalists and their readers within the European policy sphere.
- Develop, coordinate and (co-)write high quality media outputs, including press releases, opeds, fact sheets and briefing notes.
- Effectively orchestrate face-to-face press activity such as interviews and press conferences and briefings
- Manage the news section of Cefic website
- Effectively work with experts and communicators from Cefic, chemical companies and national associations.
- Develop and manage social media plans, expand Cefic’s visibility on social media
- Maintain a good working relationship with key journalists.
Skills, competencies and experience
- University degree (communications, journalism) with an interest in the sciences and chemical industry;
- A minimum of three years in a comparable job, having gained experience in working with the Brussels media;
- Passionate about media relations with a strong news instinct, especially in the context of EU policy;
- A track record of transforming technical topics into easier-to-read stories;
- Excellent level of English (both spoken and written);
- Working knowledge of web content management systems and related internet tools
- Keen interest and experience in social media, especially Twitter;
- An enthusiastic self-starter, able to thrive in organisational complexity;
- A team-player who can work independently, always seeking the best ways to communicate Cefic positions;
- Experience in working in an association is an asset.
If you think you are the ideal candidate for this job, please send your application with full curriculum vitae before 30 November 2017 to Jessica Bart-Williams, HR Assistant, Cefic Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels. E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
veröffentlicht: vor 4 Tagen